I feel I should apologize for not posting recently, although to whom I would be apologizing I never can tell. Anyway, encoding for level 1 actually began September 1 and has been proceeding steadily. We have Jim (Connolly) the Encoder working four days a week and Susan (Martin) the EAD Gal encoding one day per week. We have moved through seven reels and are picking up steam. I will follow up with another post about the XSL transformation we ran with the help of a very clever consultant and the checklist for encoding level 1.
As to my time, I am just finishing up the proofreading and coming off the ADE Annual Meeting in Springfield, IL. Ondine LeBlanc (Director of Publications) and I presented a workshop on getting legacy content out of MS Word and into XML and I was able to share a little bit about this project as well. Overall, we were very pleased with the participation and follow-up questions. I, for one, am very interested to see what manner of digital resources come out of the documentary editing community over the next few years.
Now I hope to get down to the busy work of encoding too... stay tuned.