The first seven months of the project were also devoted to schema development (see Master Encoding Guide) and this summer we secured the services of an excellent XSL consultant to write an XSL transformation to convert our abbreviated vendor schema into the full schema and populate much of the consistent data automatically. The XSLT's have been very helpful and we hope to build on them to automatically generate other data as we work through the initial encoding.
Thus our schedule for 2009:
- January-August: proofreading (project manager, proofreader, EAD coordinator)
- March-June: schema development (project manager and web developer)
- July-August: XSL development and contract work (project manager, web developer, and consultant)
- August-December: encoding level 1 (project manager, encoder, EAD coordinator)
- September-December: XSL development (project manager and web developer)